WordPress is one of the most popular and powerful content management systems, driving an estimated 35% of all of the sites on the web. But because of its popularity, it’s frequently a target for hackers and attackers who aim to infiltrate sites to distribute dangerous software, place malicious ads, and otherwise wreak havoc.
If your software isn’t kept up to date, it can expose your site to security risks and unpredictable errors. It’s also far simpler to update on a regular basis than to attempt to update software that’s a year old to the newest version, which is why we recommend regular, proactive updates.
No one can guarantee a perfectly secure site (no matter what software or web host you’re using), but keeping your WordPress software and plugins up to date is one of the best ways to prevent a malicious attack or errors related to outdated software.
In addition to the best practice WordPress security we provide for every site we build, the typical WordPress Assurance package provides:
- Weekly updates to the WordPress core software and all plugins, plus as-soon-as-possible updates for all WordPress core software and plugin security releases.
- Creation of a Quality Assurance Procedure that we follow every time we do an upgrade, ensuring that no upgrades unexpectedly break any part of your site.
- Monthly performance audits for large-scale sites, allowing us to track benchmarks and monitor performance and changes to the site over time.
- Priority response time for all requests and communication related to the site — you “skip the queue” every time you get in touch with us, taking precedent over other projects and activities.
- Reserved support time for questions, change requests, improvements, and other maintenance.
- A trusted advisor and webmaster on your side to keep your business running smoothly.
With WordPress Assurance, you can set it and forget it, counting on us to keep your site up-to-date and secure and to be here for you whenever you need a hand.