A beautiful site is a lot less pretty when it takes ages to load, and extraordinary content is a lot less compelling if your site gets hacked. That’s why performance and security are our top priorities for your site – starting before the site goes live and continuing with regular assessments and improvements as you grow.
As part of our WordPress Performance & Security assessments and our ongoing WordPress Assurance program, we’ll work with you to lock down your site, improve your internal workflow to increase your data security (even outside of WordPress), and fine-tune your site so it loads rapidly and delivers the best possible visitor experience.
The typical Performance & Security project includes…
- A thorough review of your site for existing vulnerabilities and hacks, and installation of our most trusted security plugins.
- Locking down Wordpress by making changes to your file permissions, hosting configuration, and advanced WordPress settings – without inconveniencing you and your team.
- Updating all plugins and the WordPress core, and creating a detailed Quality Assurance procedure to ensure that future updates don’t break any part of your site unexpectedly. As part of WordPress Assurance, we’ll also schedule monthly or biweekly updates and quality assurance.
- Assisting you and your team in securing all your passwords and key accounts. This includes implementing “one person, one account” policies, adding two-step verification to all your accounts, setting up secure vaults to share passwords safely, and encrypting passwords saved on your local computer.
- Our performance assessment starts with a speed and load test on your site, where we’ll identify any issues and recommend changes that can speed up your site or reduce the amount of data loaded by each page.
- From there, we’ll work with you to set up a caching system or content delivery network, allowing you to rapidly serve static content, dramatically reducing load time.
- We’ll also run a query and code analysis to identify any specific plugins or themes that are slowing WordPress down. If we identify a problem plugin, we’ll work with you upgrade, replace or rebuild it.
- Your host plays a huge role in your site’s performance. We’ll assess the quality and appropriateness of your existing hosting plan for your needs, and make recommendations for upgrading or changing hosts if we believe that will improve your site’s performance.
- As part of WordPress Assurance, we’ll continually monitor your site’s performance, keeping track of benchmarks over time and ensuring that new plugins or functionality don’t accidentally bog your site down.